The firmware of a wireless router is the main working component through which all the communication between the user and the router device is done. The firmware is actually the software which enables the user to send customization commands to the router and it is only through this firmware that the router can be configured.
The users of the Linksys smart Wi-Fi routers should try to update the firmware of the router as soon as the specific update has been released. The users can easily update the firmware by accessing the router through the web address www.linksyssmartwifi.com. If you face any issue while logging in to your Linksys Smart Wi-Fi router through this web address, then you are left with the option of accessing the router through its default IP address i.e. 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1.
Updating the firmware of the Linksys AC5400 Tri-Band router
It is to be noted that the users can easily update the router after accessing the router admin dashboard through the Linksys smart Wi-Fi web domain i.e. www.linksyssmartwifi.com.
- Access the Linksys smart Wi-Fi support portal for downloading the latest firmware version of your router.
- Quote your router’s exact model number wherever asked to get the appropriate firmware update.
- Open the latest and updated web browser of your PC like the Firefox, Safari or Internet Explorer etc. and enter the address http://linksyssmartwifi.com and proceed.
- Authorize the user access by filling the login fields with the username and the password.
- After successfully getting into the router admin page, look out for the System admin tab and then click the router firmware button.
- Click the update button and select the browse button to locate the downloaded update file that has been stored in a particular location of your PC by the user.
- Select and open or double-click to open the downloaded update file and the upload process will start automatically.
Wait for the update to finish itself and the router will reboot itself at the end.
Your router is now equipped with the latest and updated firmware version.
Important – One of the important things to keep in mind is that you have to make sure that the reboot at the end should not be halted or interrupted. Any interruptions during the upload or reboot process can lead to the malfunctioning or complete shutdown of your Linksys Smart Wi-Fi routers.
Updating the firmware of your Linksys wireless router through the check button
Updating the firmware of your Linksys router through the check button is the same as mentioned above. However, this method differs at a particular step where you can click this check button to know that if the update has been released on that particular router. Further, you can also download the update straight from the download obtained after clicking the check button.
Again login to the Admin page of the Linksys smart Wi-Fi routers through the web address
www.linksyssmartwifi.com or through the default IP address 192.168.1.1
Enter the username and the password for which the default values “admin”.
Proceed with clicking on the System Admin and then router firmware.
Now, click the check button and you can update the firmware of the router.
Follow rest of the instructions on the screen to update the firmware of the router successfully.