Linksys routers are some of the best routers in the networking hardware industry. They provide some of the best networking hardware and other accessories to the users. The Linksys routers contain some of the most advanced features that help the user better configure their network that is most suitable to their needs. Some of these advanced features are the Guest Network, the Parental Controls, Media Prioritization, Network Speed Test and a lot more. To gain access to these advanced features, the user has to first login to their Linksys router. The login process is very easy and it only takes a couple of minutes of the user’s time. The user can simply go to www.linksyssmartwifi.com and enter the default information when prompted. The default username and password is “admin” for both the cases. The default username and password are case sensitive.
What is www.linksyssmartwifi.com?
The web domain www.linksyssmartwifi.com is the web domain name that is used to gain access to the admin page for the Linksys routers. There the user will be prompted to enter the default information regarding the Linksys router. Earlier, the users had to login to their routers using the default IP address specific to their routers. Many people faced trouble in finding out the default IP address for their routers or they just didn’t know where to look. Linksys came up with a simple solution. They now ship their routers preconfigured to use www.linksyssmartwifi.com instead of the default IP addresses. The router recognizes the domain name and automatically translates it to the default IP address specific to that router and the user is then directed to the admin page of the router.
Here, we will help the users understand their routers better by providing the steps to initially login to their Linksys routers. Here are the steps to setup and login to the Linksys routers:
Before you go on to setup your Linksys router, there are a few prerequisites required for the process. They are:
a. Enough Ethernet cables for the connections required between the router and the other devices.
b. A working desktop computer or a laptop.
c. A working internet connection.
- Connect the modem to the WAN port of the router using an Ethernet cable. Make sure that the connections are made properly on both ends.
- Now, connect the computer or laptop to any of the internet ports of the router using another Ethernet cable. Make sure the connections are properly made.
- Open an internet browser of your choice on the same device that is connected to the router. Type www.linksyssmartwifi.com in the address bar and press enter.
- You will be prompted to type in the default information of your router. The default username and password is “admin” for both the cases. The username and password are both case sensitive. If the default information doesn’t work, then there is a chance that the user might have changed the information of the router. In that case, try entering any previously set passwords. If all else fails, the router will have to be reset in order to restore the router back to its factory default settings. Then the user can login to the router using the default information of the router.
- After successfully logging in to the router, the Setup page will appear. This is the web based interface regarding the configurations of the router. Here, the user can choose to change or configure their network suitable to their needs.
The user will have successfully setup and logged in to their router. From here, the user can choose to change the settings by following the simple on screen instructions.
Can’t update the firmware of the Linksys router? [Solved]
The firmware update is a very important process for the router. All the sensitive information such as the banking information of the user when they buy something online, their emails and passwords, their private information and more of the user passes through the router. So in order to protect the router from any potential threats, the firmware needs to be updated. The firmware update also fixes any bugs or previously faced issues within the router, might add overall speed boosts and even some new features to the router. The up to date firmware also makes sure that the router is able to connect to the latest media technology that is coming out almost every other day. This way, every time the user goes to buy a new media device, they don’t have to go around buying new routers compatible with the media devices. Here are the steps to update the firmware:
- Go to the Linksys Support Site and download the latest firmware for your router.
- Open any internet browser on the device that is connected to the router. Type www.linksyssmartwifi.com in the address bar and press enter.
- You will be taken to the login page of the router. You will be prompted to type in the default username and password for the router.
- The default username and password is “admin” for most of the Linksys routers. The username and password are both case sensitive.
- You will see the Administration tab. Click on it. Then click on Firmware Update option.
- Click Browse to search for the previously downloaded file.
- Locate and select the file from your computer. Click Open.
- Click the Start Update option to begin the update process.
- After the update is successful, click Continue.
- Reboot the router to save the changes made on the router.
Warning: It is advised not to interrupt the process of the firmware update as it can corrupt the router and even render it useless.